Sunday, October 12, 2008

poacher caught on the elk C and R

Went to visit an old friend the other day, and she treated me very good. Caught alot of fish and missed quite a large rainbow. This fish came up and attacked my size 24 split wing olive. I watched the fish come and take the fly, which was the promblem, as soon as it hit I went to set the hook and set it a little early. BTW also caught a poacher, but I am sure he will never pay the fine. Was able to get a few pics of him though.







Went downstream and started to fish some holes that I knew held decent fish, watched alot of browns that were paired together, in preperation for the upcoming spawn, which is being held up because of the water flows. Noticed a nice brown laying at the end of a pool. Decided to throw a olive hares ear size 16, as the nymph got closer to the fish I watched her move and then take the fly, a split second and I sat the hook. She was on and hooked good. On the 3 wght she put up an awesome fight and got into the current a few times. She really gave the rod a workout. Got her netted and the fly out of her mouth. As I picked her up to take pictures I noticed that she dropped a few eggs. As soon as I seen this I made sure to get her in the water as fast as possible and got her rejuvinated. She swam but not before I gave her a kiss and thanked her for the fight. In the picture of the me holding her in the lip look at the lower left hand corner and you can see an egg flying threw the air..

No comments: